Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Indians Sign Betancourt



The Indians signed Rafael Betancourt to a 2 year contract today. Now if they can just find a closer that doesn't give up 3 baserunners each appearance, they should be in good shape. Betancourt tied for last seasons lead in holds and only allowed 3 of 33 inherited runners to score.

Right now they're starting rotation should be Sabathia, Carmona, Byrd and his HGH, Westbrook, and I imagine Cliff Lee. I'd be willing to put that rotation up against just about anybody in baseball, except for the playoffs. Solid top to bottom.

The AL Central is going to be really competitive this season. The Tribe can pitch and they should hit the ball hard too. Hopefully Hafner can get over what happened last season, I'm still convinced he couldn't see the ball in the playoffs, not to mention he killed my fantasy team last season. How about some starts over at first, I hate putting him in at a utility position each week. Sizemore is up for another good season, Victor hits, Garko came on late in the season. They'll be a fun team to watch play!

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to this season, not only because of the '08 Indians, but I'm really getting sick of this cold weather. It's miserable in Chicago!

Pitchers and catchers report in 22 days!

No comments: