Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Movie Review: Cloverfield


I want those 90 minutes back..I think. I saw the movie "Cloverfield" last weekend and while I enjoyed the action of the movie, the ending sucked more than a Mike Reynolds 17 footer at the Co-Rec. I won't tell you what happened because many of you still want to see it I'm sure-- actually scratch that, I will tell you...I don't know what happened. Not a clue. For those of you who enjoy J.J Abrams and "Lost," which I've never seen, you might like this. Wait a second, I don't have a Myspace page and I've never seen Lost, I just realized I am not hip anymore. When do you go from being hip to worrying about breaking your hip? That's a nasty transition. But I digress..

Here's an interesting tidbit as well: If you get sick on the Teacup rides at the local amusement park, car sick, air sick, and just flat out can't handle sudden herky jerky motions(A reason why Krebs' ex's left him), then don't see this movie. This was an actual disclaimer at the ticket puncher saying people have tossed while watching the movie. And it's true, consider when I walked in the theatre, it brought me back to that 4th Grade Ode de Citrus smell in the hallway.

So I don't know what to say about this movie: It's got too much good special effects to watch on DVD at home, but the motion on the bigscreen might get you sick. So I say, pay the matinee price, take some Dramamine, and get yourself a $4 12 oz soda and enjoy..

1 comment:

RK said...

I saw some dude puking his brains out after The Blair Witch Project. That movie was really good until I figured out it was completely made up. Remember it had the website backing up the story and everything. What a waste.