Thursday, March 27, 2008

Not Good

So, I left work today in the snow and thought I saw the lights in the parking lots flicker on, but it was not the parking lights. Seconds later I heard the sound of thunder and realized that is was thunderstorming and snowing at the same time. I don't know what this means, but it can't be good.

I've been pretty bad lately, but between not feeling good, trying to get my post-employment life under control, and all the other messes I've been dealing with, the blog has suffered. Not that Pikus or Reynolds care, but that's another story.

The Boilers lost a heartbreaker to Xavier. Ho hum. Another year, another crushing defeat. But the future looks bright in West Lafayette. Painter really has the program heading in the right direction. They're a young team with quite a bit of talent. Next year should be a good one. Just like everything else, right?

Baseball starts this weekend, the 2nd of my fantasy drafts is this weekend and I can't wait! Nothing like a weekend in Indianapolis in March!!! This is a keeper league and lots of questions await the first couple of rounds, should be exciting!

The Sweet Sixteen starts tonight.

The first game is Xavier vs. W. Virginia. WVa is coming off a huge win over Duke. But I, along with a considerable number of others, thought that Duke was very overrated. But there is still something about beating Coach K in the postseason. And I didn't see much of the Purdue-Xavier game, sadly because I was at work, but from what I heard, Xavier really won that game. The line is even, I got Xavier.

Next is UNC vs. Washington St. I think the best question to ask is whether WSU can keep UNC under 100. UNC is playing some great basketball right now. I don't care who you are playing, putting up 100+ points in 2 straight games is impressive. They will continue the winning, but they won't put up 100. UNC is giving up 8.5, I got UNC

The first late game is Western Ky vs. UCLA. Hopefully UCLA doesn't keep getting the ridiculous calls they've been getting. But they win, they just have too much ability to lose this one. UCLA is giving 12, I think WKy keeps it close but UCLA pulls away in the last 10 minutes. I'm taking UCLA

And the nightcap, probably the best game of the night, Tennessee vs Louisville. This is going to be a great game. Great coaches, great players, high tempo, fun game to watch. Tennessee is getting 3 points, I'm taking the Vols and the points.

Happy Sweet Sixteen!
It looks like a blizzard outside right now. Why do I live in Chicago?
PTI just ended and Dick Vitale is talking about the NCAA tourney on SportsCenter, the DirecTV just went out, I've never been so thankful.

No comments: