Monday, April 28, 2008

Another Rainy Chicago Day

I've missed some things over the last week.

The Browns had a pretty uneventful draft since they traded all of their picks. Which is fine with me. I think Shawn Rogers and Cory Williams are better than anything else they were going to get out of the draft. But apparently the MLB that they got from UNLV is pretty solid. So good for them. Not sure why they got another TE in the 5th round, but I've decided it's not a good thing to second guess Phil Savage these days, so I will not.

As for the rest of the draft, I just don't get it. I watch a solid share of college football and I could not tell you the positions or schools of half of the first round. I just don't get it. Especially in a year that the Browns first pick is in the 4th round, I really don't care. Not to mention the Day 2 coverage. I think it's the worst TV on TV. and this is a bad time for TV. I actually having the threat of having Mel Kiper talking really makes the draft that much more unappealing.

The Indians are starting to play some good baseball. CC figured out that he does actually have to show up for the games in order to pitch. So this is good. They're presently in 2nd place, 2.5 behind the Sox for the division lead.

I would like it to be known that the D-Rays are leadin the AL East. Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing if they made the playoffs and kept both the Yanks and Red Sox out?? I'm not going to hold my breath, but that would be a good day!

No comments: