Friday, June 20, 2008

It's been a long time...

There are a couple of reasons I haven't written lately. 1. There's nothing to write about. and 2. I have been real busy. Neither is a good reason, I should be able to find some time a couple of times a week to write some magic.

Anyhow. The Celtics won the NBA title this year. First, I really don't care. I'm just happy that I'm not going to have to deal with Stephen A. Smith on SportsCenter yelling at me. So that's good. Second, if I remember correctly, the Celtics sucked last year and Danny Ainge traded a couple of scrubs for Kevin Garnett and look what happened. Maybe Danny Ferry should take some lessons.
As an aside, I was at Tower City at the CD place when I was in High School checking out some CD's and looked up to my left and there was that tall ass Danny Ferry standing next to me. That was pretty cool. He could have been such a great pro. I think he's done a great job with the Cavs so far. Give him a couple more years and I think he's going to bring a championship to Cleveland. Or at least another finals appearance. Injuries decimated the Cavs this year and I don't think people played up to their billing....

Whoa??? Did that just happen??? I blacked out for a minute..

Moving on. Joe Tiller is getting rid of all the fat on the Boilermaker football team. I can't find the email, but he booted another WR off the team a couple of weeks ago, maybe a month or so. He was caught stealing rubbers from a local supermarket. Couple of things. He could have been stealing much worse. It's still a little embarrassing buying those things. And to add insult to injury, the judge he had to stand before was Les Meade. I had this guy as a Business Law professor at Purdue. He was probably the best professor I had at Purdue. He enjoyed what he did there, it showed. He enjoyed teaching. He was very memorable! I probably remember 3 professors at Purdue, and he's the only one that I remember for the right reasons. Great class! I still tell people that play the lotto that they're just paying "taxes for idiots."

Purdue football has to get their shit on straight this year. It's Tiller's last year, he's turned the program around, and then turned the program around again. I know they're probably never going to be a Michigan or Ohio State or Penn State, but they need to be in the top half of the Big 10 each year. And they've been struggling to be that for the last couple of years. Let's hope his booting off the a-holes will shape the rest of the guys up, just like Painter did.

I'm not even going to talk about the last couple of Tila Tequila's and Real World's. I've never seen anything like either of them. I can't even put into words what's happened to MTV.

And that's about it. Hopefully it won't be a week and a half to the next entry...

No comments: