Thursday, February 14, 2008

Holy Last 24 Hours of Sports, Batman!!

Where do you start today??? Oh man! The Boilers win a great game against Michigan State. Clemens and McNamee in front of congress. Kelvin Sampson and IU caught with 5 major rules violations. Wisconsin beating IU. Purdue owning a 1 game lead in the Big 10. And another amazing episode of The Gauntlet III was on last night. Where to start???

I guess I'll start out with the MTV hit The Gauntlet III. I can't get enough of the people on this show. Last night was no exception. After getting smacked in the head with a wooden board Melinda was taken off on a stretcher to the hospital where she found out that she had a consussion and was dehydrated. Alright, that's tolerable. But when they came up to the next mission and she had to drop 20 or so feet off of a beam into the water, she came up with this little nugget, "...I have a concussion, if I hit the water the wrong way, I'm going to die..." That would have been something. And from Kenny, "...it was just mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter..." I can't get enough of these people!

Next let's go to the IU mess. That scumbag coach IU hired just doesn't learn from his mistakes, and then lies about it to the important people he shouldn't be lying to. I don't even know what all he did, all I know is that he did much of the same things at Oklahoma and lost his job there. What a jackass. Here's a good article from ESPN.com about their options. IU being banned from the postseason would just be icing on the cake for us Boilermaker fans!

Last night's IU-Wisconsin game ended with a banked 3-pointer by Brian Butch at the buzzer. Great ending to a horrible day for the IU basketball program.

Next is the huge Purdue victory over MSU. What a game. Robbie Hummel played one of the greatest games for Purdue in recent history. He did it all, rebounds, points, hustle... Just a great performance. I know I've said it before, and I'm probalby going to say it again, but this is a real fun team to watch! 10-1 in the Big 10. Nobody could have predicted this!

Which brings us to the 1 game lead Purdue now has in the Big 10. They have a couple of big games left, at IU and at home against Ohio State, but they're clearly in the driver's seat of the Big 10 race.

And lastly, I saw things yesterday that I am sure I will never, ever, see again in my lifetime. Roger Clemens and Brian McNamee sitting at a table, Clemens saying:

"...I never took steriods or HGH or any other performance enhancing
drugs..."

And sitting 2 people down from Clemens you have Brian McNamee saying:

"...I injected Roger Clemens, his wife, his dog, and 2 of his kids, with HGH
and steroids..."

Then you have Clemens saying:

"...McNamee injected me with B12 on 2 occasions..."

Followed by McNamee saying:

"...I've never injected anybody with B12. I really don't even know what it is..."

Then Clemens retorts with:

"...I never went to Jose Canseco's house party..."

Followed by Clemens not-so-good-speaking-the-English nanny saying:

"...Oh yes, we were at Canseco's house, we spent the night, the whole family was there, even the dog..."

And all of this in front of congress. Now, I think McNamee is a complete scumbag, he's lied, made some horrible decisions, done some horrible things in the past, don't get me wrong. But I believe just about every word that came out of his mouth yesterday. I believe very little of what Clemens says. Not to mention he threw his wife under the bus the day before Valentine's Day and used the word "misremembered" far too many times. I can honestly say I have never in my life heard that word used in a sentence before yesterday, I'm not even sure that it is a word.

Anyhow, Clemens looked horrible. He lied, and he lied, and he lied, and then he lied some more. He deserves to be out of baseball and should not be voted into the Hall. I have to think, if he had come out after the Mitchell Report and said that he did those things, he made a mistake, he won't do it again, I love the game and I wanted to continue playing which is why I made the decisions I made... All would be forgotten, not a big deal, lots of guys were doing it, let's move on. But with all of what he has gone through, he just looks more like a dirtbag. He was one of the greatest pitchers of our generation, and he will now be remembered as a liar. Such a shame.

I still can't believe this Boilermaker team!!!

No comments: