Friday, February 15, 2008

Movie Quote Friday!!!

Since there wasn't much Big 10 action last night, no Gauntlet III, network TV is absoloutely horrendous right now, it's going to be negative temperatures in Chicago this weekend, again, and I'm just in a pissy mood I need something to perk me up. What better than movie quotes??

I can't really say that I have 1 favorite movie, but I can at any time give you a top 5, and it's generally a revolving door depending on what I've seen lately, usually whatever is on HBO this month. So here's a few that I've seen in the last couple of months.

Talladega Nights

Cal Naughton, Jr.: Ricky, if you turn on the stereo, how do you control the volume on the television?
Ricky Bobby: If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?
Cal Naughton, Jr.: Cause I like to party.

Ricky Bobby: Did that blow your mind, because that just happened.

Cal Naughton, Jr.: Remember that time in tenth grade when we got kicked out of class for playing with Matchbox cars? Who's the retard now?

The Big Lebowski

Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...
Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this
afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs...

Blond Treehorn
Thug: [holding up a bowling ball] What the fuck is this?
The Dude: Obviously you're not a golfer.

The Dude: Fuck sympathy! I don't need your fuckin'
sympathy, man, I need my fucking johnson!
Donny: What do you need that for, Dude?

Walter Sobchak: Am I wrong?
The Dude: No you're not wrong.
Walter Sobchak: Am I wrong?
The Dude: You're not wrong Walter. You're just an asshole.
Walter Sobchak: All right then.
Pulp Fiction

Vincent: Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!

Jules: Oh man, I will never forgive yo ass for this. This is some fucked-up, repugnant shit.
High Fidelity

Barry: Rob, I'm telling you this for your own good, that's the worst fuckin' sweater I've ever seen, that's a Cosby sweater. A Cosssssssby sweater. Did Laura let you leave the house like that?

Rob: I can't fire them. I hired these guys for three days a week and they just started showing up every day. That was four years ago.

Rob: What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?

Barry: OK, buddy, uh, I was just tryin' to cheer us up so go ahead. Put on some old sad bastard music, see if I care.
Rob: I don't wanna hear old sad bastard music, Barry, I just want something I can ignore.
Barry: Here's the thing. I made that tape special for today. My special Monday morning for *you*... special.
Rob: Well, it's fuckin' Monday afternoon! You should get out of bed earlier!

Spies Like Us

Russian: Every minute you don't tell us why you are here, I cut off a finger.
Fitz-Hume: Mine or yours?
Russian: Yours.
Fitz-Hume: Damn!

Fitz-Hume: I'm Sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Fitz-Hume: Are there any Paraguyans here? Well of course their requests for subsidies was not paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know that's the way it will always be. Is that clear?
Have a nice Friday. Go Boilers!!

No comments: