Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Recap

Quite a weekend it was. And Purdue didn't even play.
IU did though. And they barely pulled one out against a Northwestern team that has not won a Big 10 game this season. I didn't watch a whole lot of the game, but I did catch about the last 5 minutes. Northwestern is atrocious. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. First, I couldn't believe that the game was that close. And second, I couldn't believe that the Wildcats didn't win. IU tried to hand them the game, and Northwestern wouldn't' take it. Not to mention Kevin Coble was unconscious with 35 points, so why get him the ball with the game on the line, give it to some freshman that sucks. That's a great idea. IU sure didn't look like the #12 team in the country.

And it was reported today that Sampson was text messaging some of the IU players after the game. Hey Kelvin, lay off the cell phone!!! Go away!!! You had your chance, twice, and you fucked it up!! Now please disappear, like Mark McGuire, Rafael Palmeiro, and the rest of the guilty roid users that "...aren't guilty..."

Speaking of lying scumbags, some kid that was 11 at the time of the now infamous "Canseco Party" claims to have a picture of Clemens at the party. Clemens is so screwed. If he would have just gone up there, in front of congress, and said that he did it, this whole thing would be over now. But, the egotistical jackass that he is, now faces prison time. All because he was worried about his rep. I wonder if he's going to "mis-remember" all of his drug use still?

Barry Bonds is still not signed. He can still hit. The HGH and roids have assured us of that. But nobody wants his ego in the clubhouse. Omar Vizquel, who is one of the top 5 greatest Indians by the way, as on TV saying that everybody is loose and enjoying spring training this year. I wonder if Bonds is going to get the MLB Extra Innings on cable this summer?

The NFL combine thing is going on this week. Apparently there have been all sorts of questions about Darren McFadden's character. And as a result he's dropped in many people's drafts out of the top 5. But, 2 days ago he ran a 4.3 or something ridiculous in the 40 and suddenly, nobody remembers that he's got character problems. Got to love the NFL. Not to mention, this whole combine thing really kills me. The top guys decide they don't want to work out. Ummm, how does this happen. I can't walk up to my boss and say, "... you know, I don't want to do that today, I think I'll do it tomorrow. I understand the customers are in from London and only here for a couple of hours, but why don't you tell them, I'M NOT READY." After all, it is my world and you all are privileged to be living in it. Brady Quinn didn't work out at the combine last year. I'm still convinced that he didn't work out because he sucks. But that's just my opinion.
Enough complaining. I'm sick of hearing myself too. Tennessee-Memphis was Saturday night. What a game. Everything a 1-2 game needed. Except free throw shooting. I don't know how Memphis hasn't lost shooting as horribly from the line as they do. Oh wait, I do, they're in Conference USA, which is worse than their free throw percentage. Anyhow, great athletes, and Bruce Pearl is a fantastic coach. I really like his intensity. He really cares about the guys he has playing for him, and it shows. Great game though, came down to the end. Great crowd. Very fun game to watch.

And lastly, Purdue is ranked #19 in today's poll. It's just great to see Purdue in the top 25 again!

I'll leave you with this thought...

No comments: