Friday, March 14, 2008

Two out of Three Isn't Too Bad....

I suppose picking those games yesterday was not the toughest thing I have done, but 2 out of 3 isn't too bad. I should probably start picking games against the spread, that would probably make things more interesting...

Anyhow, huge day in the Big Ten Tourney. I think the biggest story is how IU is going to come out? Are their players over the fact that their scumbag coach is gone and play some decent basketball? Or are they going to keep crying about the sad outcome of a cheater and liar? They are playing a Minnesota that had to come back from down 16 to beat Northwestern, who again pissed down their leg in the face of a close game in the final seconds. They're terrible. And the fact that Spencer Tollackson didn't play in the 2nd half all the worse for the Wildcats.
The day starts out with Michigan and Wisconsin. Wisconsin shouldn't have much trouble with the Wolverines. Although they have been playing better, Wisconsin is just too good. They are the #1 seed for a reason.

Next is the Buckeyes and the Spartans. I still think OSU needs a good showing in the tourney to get into the NCAAs. They were playing much better at the end of the season, but their record in the weak Big 10 can't help their cause. They have to win against the Spartans, if they look good, I think they have a chance.

And at 5:30 CST it's the Boilers and Fighting Illini. Illinois won a close one yesterday, can they come back today and play another solid game. The only chance Illinois has to make the NCAAs is by winning the Big 10. Teams fighting for their life become scary in situations like this. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. But I dont' think they have enough to beat the Boilers this afternoon and their miserable season will come to an end.

So sit back and strap in for an exciting day of Big 10 basketball! Should be a good one!!!

Next week before the NCAAs start I plan on doing some spring training Indians coverage, it's finally starting to thaw out up here and I'm starting to be able to smell golf and baseball season right around the corner!! Giggidy!!!!

And for my predictions...

Wisconsin is just good, they're giving 13, they'll win by 20.

Michigan State is always good in tournaments. Tom Izzo is a fantastic coach in situations like this, I just don't see them losing. The Bucks are getting 4 points, I predict a close game, lots of fouls at the end, MSU makes their free throws. MSU.

Purdue is goign to be too much for Illinois, I'm surprised to see the Boilers only giving up 4.5. Illinois is coming off an emotional, close game last night. I dont' think they're going to have enough left in the tank to deal with the suffocating Purdue D. I'm taking Purdue giving 4.5.

And last but not least IU is giving 5.5. They're favored by more than Purdue? Interesting. Anyhow, I wouldn't be the least surprised to see Minnesota win this game. IU is really playing poorly right now. Even if they do win, I don't see them covering. I've got Minnesota.

We'll see how I do tomorrow! Happy Big 10 Tournament Friday!!!

No comments: