Sunday, May 4, 2008

Four God Damn Hits?? Is that all we got??


Yep, that's all the Indians could muster up against the Cy Young caliber Gil Meche today. The Cy Young thing was meant to be a joke. But the four hits sadly is not. No runs either. This is just sad... I apparently can't cut and paste the Indians side of the box score but I can sum it up pretty easily.

THE INDIANS ARE FUCKING HORRIBLE

Excuse the language, but they are. They're fucking horrible! They can't hit. They can't field. They can't pitch. And that's pretty much all you do in baseball. Soooo.

Looks like Manager Wedge has decided to try and shake things up by changing the lineup a bit by placing Gutierrez in the 2 spot, followed by Dellucci. Yes, you read that right. David f'n Dellucci is now hitting in the 3 spot for a major league team. Hafner has been dropped to the 6 spot, Garko to the 7th. Hafner has really responded well by going 2 for his last 10 including 2 straight games without a hit.

Earlier this season I was contemplating getting the MLB package so I could watch the Indians every night. Am I glad I opted to not spend the money.

I don't know what they can do? They should have good pitching. They should have good hitting. Victor is leading the league in hitting right now, but when you hit singles with nobody on base, what's the point? He's got 6 extra base hits and no homers. Awesome!

CC is starting to get things figured out. But when Gutierrez can't catch a fly ball and the O only scores 2 runs a game, not many pitchers are going to be good. He's now 1-5. Maybe you should have signed that deal in the off-season, eh CC??

A couple of weeks ago, I thought they needed another bat in the outfield to hit behind Victor, in front of Garko. Now, the only thing another outfielder is going to do for them is suck up payroll.
Asdrubal Cabrera?? Seriously? Is this really the best you can do?

These guys are struggling to hit .200!

Alright, I suppose I should have something good to say. Cliff Lee is having a good season. And the future on the mound should look bright with Carmona, Laffey, who pitched real well today, and Sowers.

Enough flowers and puppies. As I look at this lineup I see their 5-9 guys. Peralta, Hafner, Garko, Blake, and Cabrera. They're hitting .216, .209, .242, .202, .191. Not going to win very many baseball games with a lineup like that.

Makes me sick. You know what else makes me sick? Roger Clemens. Now it has come out that he was sticking John Daly's ex-wife on the side too. I'm sure he's sitting in a lawyers' office denying that one too.

I hope everybody watched last weeks' episode of The Real World. It was simply amazing.

I also read that Wedge is planning on putting Borowski back into the closer's role when he gets healthy. I guess it doesn't really matter if you can't score any runs, huh???

No comments: