Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tragedy at PETA

If you haven't been watching the news, seen the paper, logged into the internet, or have been living under a log for the last couple of days, I'm sure you've heard the drama at the Kentucky Derby.

First of all, I'm not into the horses, I will go to Arlington Park a couple times a summer, but I really don't know what horses I'm betting on or what I'm really doing. But it's fun, nice day out in the sun, hopefully the Tribune guy does a good job picking horses because those are the bets I make. And this weekend Eight Belles had be be put down because she broke both of her front ankles after Placing in the Derby. The poor thing was euthanized on the track because of the apparent pain she was in. Very, very sad. Poor animal was just doing it's thing and then, without warning, both ankles break.

Anyhow, the idiots over at PETA have sent a letter to the head of horse racing, or somebody important telling them that they are at fault for this happening, the jockey should be suspended because it was also his fault, and the horses shouldn't be whipped and they should get rid of the whips completey, and all sorts of other BS that they've made up now that they have a legit platform to stand on because of this poor horse.

I don't know how anybody can take these people seriously. Believe me, I'm as much for animal rights as the next person. I'm the proud owner of a bad ass cat named Manny. And I'd be devastated if anything were to happen to him. But getting rid of the whips? Blaming the poor jockey for doing his job? Trying to play the blame game and destroying the lives of everybody involved for a freak occurrence? I don't understand the affection some people have with fur coats. I think they're very tacky and ridiculous expensive for an ugly coat. I didn't agree with the way the cougar was killed by police in my neighborhood a couple of weeks ago.

You know what, it happened, it's a horrible thing. I can honestly say that I have no idea who won the race, who showed, or any other horse in the field. But I know for certain what happened after the race and who it happened to.

These people at PETA are just ridiculous. Like I said, I really feel bad for this horse and the people that trained/owned/rode her. But what they're trying to do should just be laughed at. Steak is real good. I survive on chicken. Breakfast sausage is outstanding. Listening to these PETA people makes me want to get sick, and then eat more sausage and another steak.

In other news. The Cavs are tied with the Celts with a minute to go in game 1. LeBron has 2 field goals and 10 turnovers. He has also missed about 25 layups. There is no possible way the Cavs should lose this game. Way to step up LeBron. 2-17 I was just informed. So I guess he didn't miss 25 layups, it just felt like it.

The Indians beat the Yanks tonight. Interesting lineup. Andy Marte, Ben Francisco, Jamey Carrol, Kelly Shoppach all in the starting lineup. Delucci had a pinch hit 3 run jack to put the Indians up 2 runs. Carmona pitched 5 solid innings and Betancourt got the save. I can't believe that Borowski is going to be put back in the closers role when he gets healthy.

Makes me want to go out and buy a fur coat.

No comments: