Sunday, May 18, 2008

The LeBrons of Cleveland Blow It Again

The Cavs lost game 7 to the Celtics today. LeBron showed up, put up about 40 points, but threw up a miserable layup try with about 20 seconds to go to seal the deal for the Celtics. Their offensive strategy of everybody standing and hope LeBron has a good game is only going to take them so far. About this far.
Whatever. It's just another Cleveland sports team getting close, but not nearly close enough. I'm actually pretty happy, now I don't have to suffer watching anymore NBA this year. Watching them stand, shoot and miss, and complain after every single fucking play no matter what happens is just painful to watch. I saw more complaining after foul calls in the last 3 games than I think I have seen in the last 10 years of college ball. It's just painful to watch.

And what warrants an "Intentional Foul"??? I saw PJ Brown put his arms around guys more times than you'd see on North Halsted. How the league warrants that not being 2 shots and the ball is WAYYY beyond my brain capacity. All it does is slow the game down to a snail's pace and make it that much more unwatchable.

Not to mention the Boston crowd screaming bullshit after every single call just got old. I'm pretty happy my 6 year old wasn't watching, let alone being at the game! I'm so tired of Boston and their fans.

Enough about that. More good news out of Cleveland. The Reds completed a sweep of the Indians today. Looks like Hafner is more of a mental case than we thought. He only got 2 plate appearances, an RBI base hit on Friday and a walk today. We really need him to get back into the groove. I see that he's raised the average up to .228, but he needs to hit at least .300 the rest of the way to help this team. The pitching has been solid, other than the 3 run jack Kobaishi gave up to Dunn in the 9th on Satruday. The starting pitching has been lights out. We have got to get some hitting!!

And Bill Belichick is still denying any wrong doing in the whole spygate thing. I honestly can't wait for this whole thing to disappear. Apparently now he is saying that he stretched the rules to make it alright to videotape the opposite sideline looking to pick off signs. What a dirtbag.

No comments: