Monday, May 26, 2008

It sucks having no time...


I have been real busy lately. Working 2 jobs, getting paid like I'm earning unemployment. So is life. I guess this is becoming a weekly recap of the big stories instead of a daily. Whatever, I don't think there's anybody reading anyhow...

First, the Indians haven't won since late May. I don't think they've scored over 2 runs in a game since early May, so I should consider them lucky. They've got a 3-3 tie against the Sox tonight, and I'm already considering it a loss since they can't seem to score more than 3 in a game. So I'm sure the pen, probably Borowski in his first appearance off the DL, will earn the loss. Should be exciting.

No Hafner in the lineup again. No Garko. The Indians are just wasting good start after good start because they can't get any offense going. I blame Wedge for this. At this point, he has to resign to the fact they have to manufacture some runs. Tonght they have 3 solo homeruns. Victor hit a double. I don't think it's possible for him to hit the ball any further.

Martinez still doesn't have a homerun.

And Jim Thome is still getting booed every time he steps up to the plate. Hopefully he hits a homerun here...

I was gone all day yesterday and when I got home I really wanted to see some highlights. I turned on SportsCenter. All they had were press conferences from the NBA game and hockey highlights. I find nothing more miserable than and interview with Kobe Bryant telling the media what he was thinking when he made that ju mper in the 2nd quarter to cut it to a 2 point deficit. Miserable.

Danica Patrick whined like a little bitch after she got hit on pit row in yesterday's Indianapolis 500. Again the little 5 year old had a hissy fit after something bad happened to her in a race. She tried to go after the guy, I don't even know who it is, that bumped her into the rail and put her out of her misery.

For starters, I'm not a race fan. I do, however, find myself watching the 500 every year. I have done so since I was little. I was always a Bobby Rahal fan, because of course he is from Ohio.
It's a race where cars are going over 200 mph. Things are going to happen. Tony Kanaan got knocked out by one of his teammates. And yes, he was a little salty in the post-race interview. Who wouldn't?? But he didn't go stomping his feet like a 5 year old?? Little Bitch Danica got out of her car and tried to confront the guy that knocked into her.

Now, what the fuck was she going to do when she got there??? Seriously??? Was she going to try and pick a fight?? She said in her post-race interview that "...it's a good thing I didn't make it down there..." What??? What was she possibly going to do?? Pick a fight with the guy and his pit crew?? What happens if she tried to throw down and this guy knocks her on her ass?? He's thrown out of Indy, fined, women's groups would be all over him, he would be chastised in the media... I couldn't imagine??

I understand that she was bent out of shape when she got knocked out. I get it. I'd be pretty upset too. But the fact that she got out of the car, started stomping her feet like a 5 year old? Grow the fuck up. Learn how to check your emotions. You look like a fucking loser acting that way. I have a 6 year old daughter. She does not stomp her feet when I tell her that she can't have that plastic crap they sell at Toys R' Us if something doesn't go her way. If she does, she gets a very stern talking to and assures me it will never happen again.

Was she seriously going to throw a punch when she got down there?? Grow up. Bad things happen. And in the words of Denis Leary, "Life sucks, wear a helmet."

Oh wait, I'm watching the Indians offense, there is something on TV more miserable than Kobe talking to the media....

Cabrera just Kd swinging at a ball way out of the zone with guys on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out, score tied at 3, in the bottom of the 8th. Hey Wedge, ever hear of a squeeze play?? Or is Asdrubal supposed to hit that 3 run homerun? Figure it out Wedge?????

No comments: