Friday, May 30, 2008

Out of his Misery

Looks like Hafner is finally headed to the DL. Apparently he has had some shoulder problems that a cortizone shot wasn't able to heal. Since he's not the only weak link in the Indians miserable batting order, this is going to be a good thing for both him and the team. They're hitting a putrid .236 at the plate. That's good enough for worst in baseball. I can't imagine it's too far off of the major league record for worst ever.
The real sad part of this is that the pitching is lights out. From CC in the 1 spot to Laffey in the 5. They've been solid. Especially in the last month. It is a shame that it's all being wasted because they can't get anybody on base.

I think the semifinals of the NBA thing are over. If the Celtics won tonight it's goign to be the Lakers and Celtics in the Finals. I'm sure I won't be tuning in. But this matchup reminds me of the wonderful days of Lakers vs. Celtics on the Sega Genesis. Back in the day when the NBA was watchable. That was such a great game. Such epic battles. Oh the memories.

Back to the Indians. I think they've won 3 games in the last 3 weeks. That includes a 5-4 victory over the Royals tonight. And they're still within earshot of the AL Central leading Sox. Who I think are leading by default. The AL Central, which was supposed to be the best division in baseball, is probably the worst. The Indians and Tigers were supposed to be title contenders. The Tigers, and their $137,290,196 payroll, are 9 games under .500. That's sick. The Indians just suck. Their $78 million payroll is meager in comparison.

Speaking of payrolls, the Yanks are in the top spot, $207,108,489, and bringing up the rear is the Marlins, no surprise there, at just over $22.5 mil. I would also like to add the A-Rod and Giambi are both making more than the entire Marlins roster. Read that again. A-Rod is making $28 mil this year. That is over $4 mil more than the ENTIRE MARLINS ROSTER COMBINED!!!!!

That makes me sick.

I don't even want to get started on Giambi. All I'm going to say is that he's getting paid over $23 mil and he's not even hitting .250 with 27 RBIs. Hope he's enjoying himself.

I guess it's tough to hit when you're off the juice.

No comments: