Friday, August 8, 2008

The 2008 Season Has Begun!!

The Browns opened up last night at a very rainy, thundery, Cleveland Browns Stadium. They lost 24-20, but that's not the important part. The important part is that they looked good. From what I have read at least, they looked good!

DA was 4-5 for 20 yards, 1 TD. A timing throw to Braylon who made a spectacular 1-handed catch was the TD. It seems like the 2 of them are just on the same page. And you can't teach that.
The first team D, and the O, for that matter, played well in their 1 series before the weather decided to halt things. The D held the Jets scoreless, and the O marched down for a TD. I'm not getting real excited, this is the the quarterbackless Jets they held. But at the same time, they're not playing the Little Sisters of the Blind either. So I'm thinking this is good!

Brady played well. He threw one pick. And I've read that it should have been caught, and I've read that it was a bad throw that Syndric Steptoe was able to get a hand on. The game is on the NFL network this weekend, and I have the TiVo already set up to record. But I will make my own decision when I see it..

Overall, it looks like things were positive. No QB sacks. So the O-Line is playing well. And the mcuh improved D-Line played well, without Cory Williams getting much PT coming off the injury.

I like it!! I like it!!! Where's the Super Bowl this season???

No comments: